Lewes, DE 19958
The Lewes Life-saving Station is best known for its heroic surfmen’s actions during the great Bilzzard of 1888. The third station commissioned by the state of Delaware, the Life-Saving Station exhibits the tools and artifacts used by the surfmen to rescue the victims of shipwrecks up and down the coast. Located on the canal front, at the intersection of Pilottown Road and Shipcarpenter Streets, the Lewes Life-Saving Station is open for specialty programs and is a part of the Maritime Tour.
Swipe left or right to view more images.